2012年4月28日星期六

Worn Down

>> I promise there will be something far more weighty and show-related coming soon but with a lot of the collections I loved, i'll be revisiting showrooms and looking at things up close to really grasp the gist of things so hopefully you guys can be patient and not think I'm swanning about shows scoffing canapes (well, there was a lemon risotto and fennel had at the Topshop venue... and may be a scone or two too...).

Actually, wouldn't it be nice if I did get to 'swan' about the shows.  Instead, it's a palava of rushing, taxi-searching, running, panting and sweating to try and see as much as possible.  To 'swan' about shows, you'd have to be selective and do maybe two or three a day.  Still,Gucci Shoulder Bags, cramming my days until I'm all achey by the end of the day has its rewards - namely how LFW has really done it for me this time.  With hardly a duff show in my eyes, I come away brimming with excitement for the new season.  

Yesterday, I however was an antidote to the bright shine, colour and print of the shows.  A looooong night out/off meant hungover dressing in ten minutes, grabbing what was just 'there'.  Thankfully, it included this Christopher Kane jacket and comfy Miu Miu leggings that masqueraded as trousers.  

Tommystreet
(Photo by Tommy Ton for Style.com)

"I've always relied on the kindness of strangers" is the line I normally think about when grabbing outfit shots during fashion weeks as Steve is never with me (the day I bring a blogger's 'entourage' is the day I eat strong Stilton - as in NEVER).  Kris Atomic though isn't a stranger as such but it was the first time I met her yesterday even though I've long been a fan of her illustration/design/whole aesthetic thingy through her blog.  She's set up a standalone site for all her LFW reportage and here's some pics she took of me in my weary outfit.  Tommy Ton said that if I was to go to a funeral, this would be the outfit I'd wear.  Not sure what that says about me or the outfit.  

46_website_image_rlxl_standard

47_website_image_rlxl_standard (1)
(Photo by Kris Atomic - wearing Christopher Kane jacket, John Rocha headband, Marni t-shirt, Miu Miu leggings, vintage shoes, Miu Miu bag)

 

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论